- use scientific evidence to prove the importance of whales for a healthy ocean and planet
- put legal, political and scientific pressure on those who support and promote whaling for short-term political advantage
- partner with anti-whaling groups within whaling nations to maximise the domestic opposition to this archaic industry
- advise and support governments through bodies such as the International Whaling Commission (IWC) and Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) to oppose those, like Japan, who seek to overturn the ban on whaling
- continue to work with partners and charities all over the world and with government departments to leverage diplomatic pressure against whaling.
Whaling is horrifically cruel and we must not let whaling decimate fragile whale populations, many of which haven’t fully recovered from previous large scale commercial whaling.
We will feedback on our progress, but we can only continue our work with the help of supporters like you. Thank you.