Fundraising in the workplace
It's enjoyable, rewarding and great for team-building so get your pod together and have some fun!
Whatever the size of your team or whatever work you do, your company and colleagues can help WDC to protect whales and dolphins.
Committing your company to supporting WDC is an excellent way of fulfilling corporate social responsibility. Quite simply, everyone benefits from clean, healthy seas full of whales and dolphins, who are extremely important in the eco-system and, in the case of whales, vital in the fight against climate change.
We can help you with ideas, fundraising materials and support you. We may also be able to visit your workplace to give a presentation on our work and how the money your company or staff raise will help protect whales and dolphins. You might like to consider:
Nominating WDC as your Charity of the Year
We have collecting jars for your staff room or canteen, images and text for encouraging donations and lots of ideas to help you make the most of your fundraising year.
Joining a WDC event or organising your own - for example:
Your Pod might like to:
- play games, help orcas: get a team together for Gamers for Orcas
- organise a sponsored dress down day (or dress up day if you're casual dressers)
- try a team skydive or other challenge - we can help you find something suitable in your local area
- organise an Urban Beach Clean – bake cakes and invite donations for refreshments afterwards
- make a big splash by choosing a Whale or Pod Challenge in the Big Splash Swim
Double your money
Match funding is a fantastic way to double the money you raise for WDC so, whatever you choose to do, don't forget to ask your employer if they’ll match what you’ve raised.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01249 449500 for support.