We’re thrilled to confirm Little Grey and Little White, are now safely in their new sea sanctuary care area at Klettsvik Bay in Iceland.
The world’s first beluga sanctuary is the biggest development in captive whale and dolphin care in decades. WDC has been instrumental in establishing Little Grey and Little White’s amazing new home, working alongside the SEA LIFE Trust. Ensuring the sanctuary’s long-term future is a priority as it will provide a safe environment for Little Grey and Little White for the rest of their lives, as well as for the whales who come here in the future.
But 3,500 whales, dolphins and porpoises are held in captivity around the world. To end captivity, we need more sanctuaries where they can live the rest of their lives in a large ocean bay without having to perform tricks, or be rehabilitated for return to the wild - we need your support. Will you help us today with a donation?
We could do so much with your donation:
• £15 helps provide one hour's support from the team caring for Little Grey and Little White.
• £45 provides food for Little Grey for one day.
• £45 provides food for Little White for one day.
• £50 can help us share our expertise in establishing sanctuaries to enable more captive whales and dolphins to be moved to natural settings, or back to the wild, if possible
• £100 can help our team of experts investigate opportunities for other belugas to join Little Grey and Little White in the Sanctuary.
We will feedback on their progress, but we can only continue our work with the help of supporters like you. Every pound will help.
If you give £30 or more, as a thank you, we will send you our award-winning magazine, Whale & Dolphin four times a year.