Quick & Easy Fundraising Ideas
Choose something simple that you will enjoy doing, then get all your friends, family and colleagues involved. Have a fin-tastic time.
- Bake for Belugas. Make whale-shaped cookies and sell to friends or colleagues. Whale-shaped cutters available from WDC’s online shop.
- The Gift of Freedom. Wedding Anniversary? Birthday? Getting married? Help give whales and dolphins the gift of freedom by requesting donations to WDC instead of gifts.
- Fin(e) Fashion: Could your Rotary, Golf or society organise a Fashion Show - Pearls and Prosecco for Porpoises perhaps?
- Dine for Dolphins. ‘Come dine with me’ evenings are sociable, fun and a great way to try out new recipes. Groups of 4 pay £30 to compete. £60 goes to the winning team, £60 to WDC – easy as pie!
- Brew for the Blue (Whale). At around £2 a cup, a month of take-away coffees cost you around£60. Make your own and donate £2 to WDC instead. Persuade your colleagues to do the same. No reusable cup? Buy one from Ethical Superstore.
- Beluga Boot Camp. Get sponsored to get fit. Swim, run, walk, cycle… etc.
- Dance for Dolphins, Waltz for Whales, Bop for Belugas, Ceroc for Cetaceans. Whatever style, whatever speed, hold a Dance-a-thon! Gymnasts can leap, jump or Spin like Spinners. Taekwondo, kickboxing or judo clubs can participate by doing Bootcamp for Belugas.
- Hourglass Figure – are you a bit on the Heaviside? Be sponsored to lose that blubber - the whales will gain.
- Green-fingered gardeners can provide cuttings and excess home-grown produce in return for a donation. Do you make jam or chutneys from your produce? Sell a few jars – everyone loves home-made.
- Don it for Dolphins / Wear it for Whales. Dress-down (or up) day at work or school. Pink for Pilots – go pink from head to toe (or blue). The loudest shirt, the wildest, wackiest tie or headgear – be creative! (and send us photos!).
- Silence for Sei’s: a sponsored silence isn’t as easy as it sounds! Could you rise to the challenge?
- The 30-30 Club: Get 30 (60 or 90?) friends, relatives, colleagues to donate £1 a month (for 3, 6 or 12 months) and draw a name out of the hat at the end of the period – winner takes half the pot and WDC receives the rest.
- Name the Whale, Dolphin or Porpoise: 50p a square for 50 names = £25. Name grids available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hair today, gone tomorrow. Go for the (sponsored) chop or beard shave.
- Will for Whales. Don’t put off writing your Will any longer – it’s easier than you think. Our mission is a world where every whale and dolphin is safe and free and we can do this with a gift in your Will, however large or small. You can find out more here..
- Toys not Tanks. Children, are you bored with your old toys? Take an unwanted toy (in good condition) to school, pay £1 to swap with your classmates and then enjoy something new. Would your whole school do it too?
- Ride for Rights. Cycle/walk to work instead of taking the bus and donate your bus fare - try it for a month.
- Challenge for Cetaceans. Face your biggest fear or dare to do something totally different.There's a challenge to suit everyone - contact email@example.com for inspiration.
- Armchair Challenger – take part in WDC’s 2019 Gamers for Orcas- contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party for a Porpoise. Celebrate New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, Easter, Summer Garden Party, Halloween......collecting jars or buckets for donations available from email@example.com.
For WDC's younger supporters, why not download '15 Fun Fundraising Ideas for Helping Flippered Friends'?