It's simple to do:
2. Send them a message via email or twitter. You'll find guidance below on what to say.
3. If you tweet them, tag @whalesorg and your fisheries minister:
@VictoriaPrentis (England & UK)
@edwinpootsmla (Northern Ireland)
4. If you email, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org when you get a response. (There’s no need to let us know you have sent your message, just when you get a reply.)
What should I write?
1. Tell them that more than 1,000 dolphins, porpoises and whales die in UK fishing gear every year in UK seas and that we need the fisheries minister to implement bycatch solutions.
2. Share the link to our parliamentary briefing with them (or download it and attach it to your email). Tell them it outlines everything they need to know and is supported by 22 other animal welfare and conservation organisations.
3. Ask them to urge the fisheries minister to implement an action plan with ambitious targets to reduce bycatch until has stopped and make the UK a global leader in tackling dolphin, porpoise and whale deaths in fishing gear.
4. Include your full name and address.
A few minutes of your time could help save thousands of lives.
Thank you. We really do appreciate you taking the time to do this.