WDC Iceland Trek 2017
We are very excited to be visiting the land of ice and lava when we go on the spectacular Iceland Trek 2017 – a once in a lifetime opportunity to go camping under the stars, trek across snow-capped hills, walk behind waterfalls and through lava fields, wade through rivers and finally go whale watching of the coast of Iceland. A truly unforgettable experience!
This is a tough but hugely rewarding challenge where you will easily make like-minded friends whilst raising vital funds to help protect local whales and dolphins.
What you need to know
- A five day adventure with three long days of trekking in tough terrain, this is one to train for.
- We travel on 12 July and return 16 July.
- The trek is organised by our partners, Skyline, and you’ll be in safe hands with their experienced guides.
- We’ll send you updates on the trek, and are always just at the end of a phone.
- The deposit is £299 to be paid when booking. We then ask you to raise £2380 in sponsorship.
- We’ll be on hand to help you with your fundraising. You’ll receive a fundraising pack, ideas and a WDC t-shirt to wear at fundraising events – or training.
You will be joined by WDC policy manager Rob Lott, a frequent visitor to Iceland and an expert on the whales who make their homes there:
“Iceland is a truly fascinating place; the home of just 300,000 people and more than 20 whale species. Join me in exploring a dramatic land of fire and ice and learn more about this ‘Whale Nation’ and the work that we do to protect these amazing creatures.”
Exclusively for WDC supporters, we'll offer the fantastic opportunity to go on a whale watching trip led by Rob at the end of the trek. Learn more about the whales and dolphins living in the waters of Iceland as well as the work we do to protect them.
Sign me up to go to the land of ice and fire