Help stop the illegal killing of whales and dolphins
At least 100,000 dolphins and small whales are being killed in these illegal hunts every year.
The reasons why dolphins and small whales are killed illegally differs from country to country from human consumption, use as bait, traditional medicines/amulets, currency, waterproofing, or the elimination of a perceived competitor for declining resources.
We must take action to stop these hunts. But we can’t do this alone. Please help with a donation today and we will:
- Take our report to the highest diplomatic and scientific powers, including the International Whaling Commission (IWC) and the Convention on Migratory Species to push for action to stop the hunts.
- Undertake undercover investigations in some of these countries to expose the true scale of the issue.
- Lobby the countries where the worst hunts take place and insist they tackle these hunts as a matter of urgency.
- Work within countries to help them understand the conservation costs of these hunts and the economic benefits of whale and dolphin watching.
- To educate local communities about the dangers to their health of eating whale and dolphin meat; which is often highly contaminated.