Ask your MEP to say 'NO' to a trade deal with Japan unless Japan stops whaling
What can I do?
1. Send a message to your MEPs. It's very easy!
- Enter your postcode at writetothem.com.
- Choose to send a message to all your MEPs (if you have more than one).
- Write and send your message.
2. If you receive a response, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(There's no need to tell us you have sent your original message.)
What should I say?
Ask your MEP to:
- Raise whaling as a concern during the debate on Monday.
- Vote 'NO' to the trade agreement on Tuesday.
Tell your MEPs why this is important to you and why you think that the EU must use this opportunity to get tough on Japan's continued slaughter of whales.
Even if the deal is signed, this is our chance to send a strong message to the Japanese government that we are sick of its defiance of international agreements and opinion. It also keeps the fight against whaling high on the EU agenda. Even if signed, the trade agreement can be used to pressure Japan to stop whaling.