4 month Education Residential Volunteer & Guide Role
Get the experience and get ahead in conservation with a volunteer programme that works!
Are you passionate about the environment? Or an excellent communicator keen to inspire all ages? Or looking to gain valuable experience within a global marine conservation charity?
At Whale and Dolphin Conservation (WDC) our vision is of a world where every whale and dolphin is safe and free. We are looking for a dedicated residential volunteer to join our team at WDC’s Scottish Dolphin Centre. The Visitor Centre and volunteer accommodation is based in a beautiful location adjacent to a reserve at the mouth of the river Spey where it meets the North Sea. The largest bottlenose dolphins in the world can be seen feeding regularly along with ospreys, seals, the occasional otter and a huge variety of other wildlife.
Key requirements of the role:
- Deliver a fun and high-quality visitor experience through interpretation, tours and events at WDC’s Scottish Dolphin Centre to help raise awareness of the work of Whale and Dolphin Conservation.
- To support the SDC Officer-Education to deliver the WDC Education Programme through talks, outdoor learning and workshops.
- To support the WDC Policy Officer in data collection for the land based Shorewatch programme, and to assist in the support of Shorewatch volunteers at sites in the Moray Firth.
The residential role provides the following:
- Free onsite accommodation in an area of outstanding natural beauty
- £35 weekly food budget per person (covering food and toiletries but not alcohol)
- Training provided
The majority of this role involves community outreach, interpretation and engaging with visitors. If you are looking for field experience this is not the opportunity for you.
- Tuesday 31st May – 30th September
- Volunteering 5 days a week, including weekends.
- Must be committed for 4 months in order to gain the full range of experience
Closing date: 29th April 2022 at 5pm - interviews will be held w/c 9th May via Zoom, unless you are local to the area.