Donate to stop the cruelty of whaling
Despite an International Court of Justice ruling and against the process of the International Whaling Commission, the Japanese fleet departed on 9 November for their annual hunts in the Antartic. The Fisheries Agency said the fleet was going to hunt up to 333 minke whales for what they called scientific research in the Southern Ocean until March.
Thanks to you, WDC has worked tirelessly – and successfully - over decades to keep the ban on commercial whaling in place. With your support we will continue to work at the highest scientific and diplomatic level to pressurise decision makers like the EU. We will continue to safeguard the ban on commercial whaling and help put an end to the cruel killing of these amazing creatures. But we simply can’t do it without your support.
Please make a donation today and;
- We will continue our campaign to pressurise the EU to say ‘no’ to a free-trade agreement with Japan
- We will campaign for a ban on the transit of whale meat between countries
- We will continue to work undercover to stop whale meat being sold illegally.
- We will continue to put pressure on Iceland and Norway to end their whale hunts
- We will continue our work to help establish a new whale sanctuary in the Southern Atlantic between South America and the west coast of Africa; a protected area for whales and dolphins to live free from the dangers that humans inflict on them every day.
- We will continue to ensure the ban on commercial whaling is kept firmly in place.
We will feedback on our progress, but we can only continue our work with the help of supporters like you. Every pound will help.
If you give £30 or more, as a thank you, we will send you our award-winning magazine, Whale & Dolphin four times a year.