Donate to help stop Japanese whaling
Despite an International Court of Justice ruling and against the process of the International Whaling Commission, the Japanese fleet has returned from Antarctica having killed 333 minke whales: 155 males and 178 females. This year no information has been released on how many of these adult females were pregnant, but there is a high probability that many were. We suspect that this information has not been released, to lessen public outrage, after it was confirmed that last year, nearly 90% of adult female whales killed were pregnant.
Thanks to you, WDC has worked tirelessly – and successfully - over decades to keep the ban on commercial whaling in place. With your help we will continue to work at the highest scientific and diplomatic level to pressurise decision makers like the EU. We will continue to safeguard the ban on commercial whaling and put an end to the cruel killing of these amazing creatures. But we simply can’t do it without your support.
Please make a donation today and;
- We will continue our campaign to pressurise the EU to say ‘no’ to a free-trade agreement with Japan
- We will campaign for a ban on the transit of whale meat between countries
- We will continue to work undercover to stop whale meat being sold illegally
- We will continue to put pressure on Iceland and Norway to end their whale hunts
- We will continue our work to help establish a new whale sanctuary in the Southern Atlantic between South America and the west coast of Africa; a protected area for whales and dolphins to live free from the dangers that humans inflict on them every day
- We will continue to ensure the ban on commercial whaling is kept firmly in place
If you give £30 or more, as a thank you, and to keep you up-to-date, we will send you our award-winning magazine, Whale & Dolphin four times a year.